World Osteoporosis Day Video 2000
The World Osteoporosis Day 2000, "Invest in your bones" video is a special compilation of short 1-4 minute video clips which is now available to the media.
The video is available in VHS for non-broadcasting use in the home, office, at conferences etc. or as Betacam SP for broadcasting use by TV stations.
IOF owns full copyright to broadcast and use these materials (*one exception), so the media may use them freely selecting the video sections of interest, translating them etc. as required.
The contents of the video include:
- Queen Rania of Jordan (IOF's international Patron) World Osteoporosis Day message (2.15 min.)
- Professor Pierre D. Delmas, IOF President, message (2.16 min.)
- "Bone of My Own" WOD song and music video (4.43 min.)
- Interview with Dr. Jorge Jimenez de la Jara from Chile, Chairman of the Executive Board, WHO (World Health Organization) (3.32 min.)
- Interview with Dr. Yin Dakui, Vice-Minister of Health, China (3.02 min.)
- Interview with Dr. Karam Karam, Lebanon's Minister of Health (2.34 min.)
- Interview with Marie-Lynn Majdalany, osteoporosis patient, from Lebanon (1.55 min.)
- Interview with Bai Yuru, osteoporosis patient, and her daughter Fan Baoling, China (3.12 min.)
- Interview with Maria Teresa Guillen, osteoporosis patient, and her daughter Maria Teresa Lange, osteopenia patient, Chile (2.50 min.)
- Animation showing what happens to bone when it becomes osteoporotic as a result of menopause (0.07 min.)
- Dr. Jorge Jimenez de la Jara, Spanish version (2.51 min.)
- Professor Pierre D. Delmas, French version (2.30 min.)
- Public service TV spot from the UK* (1.02 min.)
- Public service TV spot from Jordan (0.48 min.)
Copies of the 2000 video can be ordered if required. Journalists must first register (see journalist registration) and then submit a special request explaining the intended use, to the IOF secretariat at email@example.com